Join now for instant savings!
1300 327 626
GastroAID works in 5 ways to improve digestive health:
1. Lines the stomach: GastroAID creates a lining on the stomach wall, helping to prevent gastric acid from further aggravating existing ulcers.
2. Provides antacids: The antacids in GastroAID neutralise excess gastric acid preventing any further damage to the stomach wall, whilst the lining created by GastroAID is forming.
3. Optimises Speed of Digestion: The Agrimos® Beta Glucans in GastroAID provide a highly concentrated source of soluble fibre, which helps optimise digestive speed. This allows for the best possible digestion and uptake of nutrients by the horse.
4. Reduces Incidence of Diarrhoea: The Agrimos® Beta Glucans and Pectins bind to diarrhoea-causing bacteria to reduce occurrence.
5. Optimises Hindgut pH: The Levucell® Live Yeast in GastroAID helps maintain a proper hindgut pH, which is needed for the horse to possess a healthy population of hindgut microbes. These microbes enable optimum digestion and fermentation of feed to make more energy available to the horse (from Volatile Fatty Acids). A healthy hindgut also maintains B-Vitamin production at normal levels and keeps the horse's natural immunity high.
GastroAID contains two distinct products: GastroAID Digestive and GastroAID Stabiliser.
GastroAID Digestive is a powder designed to be used initially when the symptoms of digestive issues are noticed. It forms a protective gel lining on the stomach wall and protects the horse from further damage.
GastroAID Stabiliser is the second step in the process. It is a pelleted product designed to maintain good gut health. It is safe to feed for extended periods of time, and ideally would be used while ever the horse has limited access to pasture.
GastroAID is a two-part gastric health supplement that can help alleviate behavioural symptoms associated with Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome and Hindgut Acidosis, as well as promote healthy gut function in all horses.
The best course of action is to feed GastroAID Digestive for a minimum of 3 weeks, followed by GastroAID Stabiliser to help maintain optimum digestive health.
GastroAID Digestive & GastroAID Stabiliser
Feed 50g per 100kg of bodyweight, split over 2 feeds. The following table can help you quickly identify the required dose.
Both GastroAID Digestive and GastroAID Stabiliser are available in a 5.25kg bucket & 21kg bag.
Wholegrain oat flour
Agrimos (beta Glucans)
Levucell live yeast